To fulfill its goals, the UW Corn Silage and Biofeedstock Breeding Program cooperates with other research institutions. Through these collaborations, the program not only benefits from resources such as maize germplasm, but also provides an excellent framework to enhance research opportunities using maize.
Currently, the UW Corn Silage and Biofeedstock Breeding Program is involved with the following institutions/projects:
1. Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC)
2. The Maize Atlas Project
3. United States Department of Agriculture-Germplasm Enhacement of Maize Project (USDA-GEM)
4. Genomic Selection Strategies for the Silage Breeding Program (NIFA-AFRI)
5. International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
6. Genomes to Fields Initiative